Friday, October 28, 2005

I owe, I owe...

I just realized that my credit card debt is now 10% of my annual salary. Ug. Wait till my husband reads this (I have not yet given him the link). For sanity's sake, we decided to keep separate but equal--that is, linked--checking accounts. The linking is for transparency but credit is a different story. He's one of those completely insane individuals who has never carried a balance, while I am one of those pathetic types whose spending really has increased with my salary. I could rationalize it a thousand different ways (need nicer clothes to go to the client, etc) but the truth is that it scares me, especially if we're going to think about a baby in the near future. The good news is that I still have stellar credit (just checked) and was able to consolodate it all for like, 2.9%. But still. Definitely on the to-do list.

I'll post later with a little more about me and the point of this blog, along with my to-do before 30 list, a work in progress. Countdown: 42 days.