Monday, October 31, 2005

Kid Kate

  • Kate--Kathryn--is my middle name. I always liked Kate because it sounded strong. Think Taming of the Shrew (hmm, maybe that's a bad example)
  • I will be 30 in 39 days, hence "kid" Kate (also, "Call me Kate" and "Kate, here" were taken). More on that later
  • I got married on July 23, 2005 in Brewster, MA, on Cape Cod
  • My husband and I live with two dogs, a 9-year-old dachshund/labrador named Simon and a 5-year-old beagle/blue tick coonhound (optimistic guess) named Mandy. They make life interesting and good
  • I am from Texas but was raised by a couple of lefties (I am a lefty, too). I moved to New York 5 years ago
  • Before I turn 30, I would like to:
    --volunteer for the ASPCA
    --become more athletic (no, seriously)
    --get checked by the gynecologist to make sure I'm all clear to have a baby
    --establish some nonwork-related form of writing
  • So far I have:
    --called the ASPCA but not gotten through
    --started spinning classes at the gym
    --made an appointment with the gyno
    --started this blog

I'll let you know how it all pans out.