Monday, November 21, 2005

Island Time

Oh yeah, so we missed our flight out from Vieques to San Juan on the way home from our Puerto Rico trip. This seemed really tragic at the time, as I'd never missed a plane and we couldn't get a flight out until the next day, but in hindsight we survived it quite well. We spent the night in this kind of seedy motel in San Juan that had a cockfighting channel on the TV (egads!) but check out the picture of our patio. Nothing like a little perspective, eh?

In other news, I had my gyno appointment and got my results--sort of. The pap is all clear but I have to come back so they can take more cells for the HPV test (apparently they didn't get enough the first time). Other than being slightly annoyed by this (my gyno is way out of the way and they tried to avoid booking me again until JANUARY), I'm not sure what this could mean. I've tested positive for HPV in the past, but that was accompanied by an abnormal pap--and I was under the impression that once you get HPV it doesn't go away. So if my pap is normal, then doesn't that mean the HPV gods are satiated at the moment? I don't know the answer. Mom wasn't much help either. Guess I'll do some independent research before the December 8 appointment I was finally able to wrangle out of the receptionist.